Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all! ok, i have a 69 nova with a 383 stroker with a .480 lift rv cam from comp cams and 10.0:1 compression. and a 4 speed. at the moment i have headers on it that have 1 5/8 tube headers that go into 3 inch collectors. the exhaust is a 2 1/2 with flowmaster 40s. one reason of change is the headers were coated and have completely rusted up. not cool! i desided on stainless works headers but i dont know what size to run the same 1 5/8, 1 3/4, or 1 7/8? next is what size exhaust tubes should i go with? i wanna dump it right after the mufflers before the axle. last question is i love the flowmaster sound but the 40 just isnt loud enough for me. waht would be louder but yet still have the flowmaster sound? maybe the 10 series? thanks, al.

·
Premium Member
2,781 Posts
Bullets

You want loud go with dynomax ultraflow bullets. I got um and love um.
With your mild set up the 1-5/8 should be plently but the 1-3/4 aint gonna hurt at all.
I run 1-5/8 Hedman shorties on the ZZ4 with more cam then yours and it works just fine.

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
Warning!
If you run the Dyna max and dump under the car, You will be def!

If you have Flow 40's and want that same sound but loader, go with 44's

Dumping in front of the axle is going to be a very load and annoying sound in the car. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

I would run a 3inch in the muffler with a "X" pipe & 1 3/4 headers.

Do not use the 1 7/8 headers.:no::no:

If you go to the 1 3/4 be "WARNED AGAIN!" They are a tight fit and hell to change plug #5 & 7!

IMO!!
AL

This is who makes my exh. I welded it together myself.
There web site sucks. But they have a great product.
http://www.torquetechexh.com/xpipe.htm

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Warning!
If you run the Dyna max and dump under the car, You will be def!

If you have Flow 40's and want that same sound but loader, go with 44's

Dumping in front of the axle is going to be a very load and annoying sound in the car. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

I would run a 3inch in the muffler with a "X" pipe & 1 3/4 headers.

Do not use the 1 7/8 headers.:no::no:

If you go to the 1 3/4 be "WARNED AGAIN!" They are a tight fit and hell to change plug #5 & 7!

IMO!!
AL

This is who makes my exh. I welded it together myself.
There web site sucks. But they have a great product.
http://www.torquetechexh.com/xpipe.htm

Ya, the 44s is what ill probubly go with but i am not sure what pipe size to use 3inch maybe is too much? or go with 2 1/2. for the headers i will probubly go with the size i have now to be safe. i know that an x pipe does make more power and everything but i am going with an h pipe. i love the way it sounds but thats me. :D . the reason behind all of this is because i am told my car is loud but its to quiet for me i get to bored with it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts