Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, new member here. Sorry for this being my first post. I recently acquired a 65' SS that I am in the process of building, and I picked up these buckets as I want to be period correct with my interior. However, I am not exactly sure what they came out of. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Looking to identify so I can order covers.

·
Registered
987 Posts
I can tell you that they are not Nova seat tracks.

A lot (not all) of GM bucket seats were the same with just different patterns in the seats. These look like they have been recovered at some point. My first thought was Corvair but its hard to say for sure.

Measure the distances between the mounting holes.

Also there is a thread about bucket seats on this web site, I would recommend reading through that.

·
Premium Member
4,125 Posts
Someone has done some bad custom upholstery, but those are '65 seats. They fold forward (not at an angle) and they have the correct '65 tracks and releases.

Chuck

·
Registered
987 Posts
Sorry guys, I guess I just started looking at the pics and didnt read that we were talking about a 65. Sorry for the initial bad analysis.

Welcome to SNS and good luck with your 65.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
So you are saying they are 65 nova seats?? Please confirm....

Man I guess I lucked out! Picked them up on a whim, just hoping I could make them work! Haven't been able to compare as the car is in paint and body for the next two months. Thanks for all your help!!

·
Registered
987 Posts
Yep they are. Sorry again for causing confusion.

62-64 are quite different which for some reason I thought was what you were looking for. You got a great deal on those!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Awesome thanks! I NEVER get lucky, or win anything. This really makes me feel great!

One last question, was there any difference between the standard buckets and those in a SS in 65, other than the patterns?

·
Premium Member
4,125 Posts
Awesome thanks! I NEVER get lucky, or win anything. This really makes me feel great!

One last question, was there any difference between the standard buckets and those in a SS in 65, other than the patterns?
I've only ever seen one pattern/year, without regard to SS or non-SS.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts