Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at purchasing a track car, it has a suspension I have never seen before... The bars running across the bottom are not caltracks or slapper bars...

Maybe some of you have seen this setup before and can identify what it is called? Or if it is just some ******* home made setup?

The pictures were taken with a camera phone and the sun was no help. I can try to get better ones if these are no good.

Thx for the help in advance

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is there a bar running off the pumpkin? It looks like it may be a 3 link but without being able to see the 3rd bar I'm just guessing.

John
No 3rd bar, I was thinking 3 link too when it was described to me. Then I saw it in person.

I have see these before... kind of like an early Cal tracs set up attempting to eliminate axle wrap I presume.
Ya, I will have to agree with you. Looks like a caltrac to me the more I think about it

·
Registered
20,113 Posts
A old buddy put some like that on his Dad's old 53 Ford truck. That hasn't been but around 5 years back. I know they still have to make them, but I forgot who he said made them.

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
They are called Traction Masters. You could actually have these dealer installed on Novas. The get rid of wheel hop.

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
traction device

those bars are a mid 60s era weld on traction device, before the days of slapper bars that came out in the late 60s.before these guys made long bars that went from the rear end housing tubes, and mounted up under the driver.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts