Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 65 coupe but the grille on her is not the correct year. I have two sets of turn signals, one under the head lamps and one set in the bumper. I know on a 65, the correct lights should be in the bumper. I've enclosed some pictures of the grille and I'm conting on you guys (the experts) to help my identify what year this grille is. (I think it's a 64) :confused:

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Yup, looks like a '64 grille to me. Best let a '64 owner confirm it though. Don't think anyone is makin' a re-pop right now (Classic Industries shows none in stock). Member mordorman might be able to help you. I would send him an e-mail. If he doesn't have one, he may be able to point you in the right direction.

Good luck with the car. Burt.

·
Registered
571 Posts
You will also need a radiator support for a 65 also, someone changed the front group in the life of your nova.

Good Luck, Roy

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all your help. I found a 65 grille with center support and hood latch. I know the trim is all different too. Never knew about the 63 hood ornament! Wow, learn something new everytime I turn around! Super thanks. How different is the radiator support for the 65? It may be a 65 support, several of the grille screws don't line up and it looks like they rigged it on somehow. Don't know, how do you tell???? (makes me want to check to make sure I do have a 65. It's like a Frankenstein.):yes:

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its a 65. It has the square tailights and white back-up lights beside those. Body tag and title say 1965. Just wondering how much work I have to do to get her straight!:eek:

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
here's a pic of the rear;

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
To tell if you have a 65 radiator support, look for a metal tab that is bent down at an angle near the top inside of each headlight. This tab is used to mount the grille. Also there are different mounting brackets for the Gravel pan which is the metal piece between the bumper and grille.

The difference between a 63 grille and a 64 grille is, the 64 has a cut out in the Horizonal bars. Making two tiny bars. The 63 grille is SOLID. Making one thick horizonal bar. A 62 Grille has one very large horizonal bar in the middle. Plus the grille mounts lower than the 63, 64. The 62 hood drops down lower towards the top of the grille. The 62 has clear turn signal lenses. The Amber was approved by the Feds to be used on ALL 63 cars.

Bryan

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Bryan for all the info! I looked at the radiator support and I have the tabs that angle down. By what you described, the grille is a 64. I just have to gather everything needed for the swap. :D

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the website Soupac. I'll be getting in touch with him to see what he has.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts