Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When i got my 3rd gen Nova several years ago, it already had the 9" rearend, with these rotors, and the caliper bracket welded on. Interestingly, the casting numbers on the calipers (and "GM" logo) refer to camaro/nova calipers. I want to replace the rotors with new ones, but am having a hard time understanding what Ford year/model they came from (there is a Ford stamped logo on it):

*The bolt pattern is 5x4.5 (5x114.3mm).
*I measured the center bore to be 2.825" (71.8mm)
*I measured the overall diameter to be about 11-1/16" (281mm)
*the stamping for minimun thickness is 24.7mm

^^^when i typed all these mesurements in google, these Autozone Valuecraft rotor came up: Valucraft Brake Rotor-Front, P/N 5472B

So i just got back from Autozone, and the rotors looked and measured nearly identical. But they couldnt tell me what year/make/model the Valucraft rotors are for. And i dont want "valucrap" on my car (the surface wasn't even cross-hatched, and i could even see and feel the ribs from when they turned it down on the lathe after casting it). Any help?

**FYI, reason for wanting to replace the rotors:
1. peace of mind of new rotors
2. i just got axles with 5/8 studs and drilled them out with a 3/4" bit; but that was a little too big, and now there is too much slop when i put the rotor on the axle. i measured the shoulder on the stud to be .680", and several people on different forums say to drill the holes in the rotors with 11/16" bit (.6875), and it worked for them with a snug fit.

·
Premium Member
1,580 Posts
I used the napaonline.com parts number interchange search and came up with this from your part number of 5472B...

Napa's "Ultra Premium" Discs:

http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/CatalogItemDetail.aspx?R=UBP86276_0380205056

and clicking on the buyers guide, came up with this list of vehicles:

http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/BuyersGuide.aspx?LineCode=UP&PartNumber=86276

Ford Crown Victoria 1992 - 1994
Lincoln Town Car 1991 - 1994
Mercury Grand Marquis 1992 - 1994

I'd double check when you head to the parts store again; hope it helps.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you da man!!!

Thanks lugnut. ill have to use napa more often for situations like this.

I went back to the same autozone and they had 2 in stock. everything looked the same. ill put them on the car tomorrow. thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts