Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got the new 350 in my nova and tried to turn it over. it did maybe a quarter turn and then stopped dead in its tracks, talk about major disappointment:(:(. i hope some of the great minds here can come up with something. i did a full rebuild on the engine, and it turned over on the engine stand fine but i didn't have the rockers tightened right down. the only thing i can think of is that a valve might be hitting the piston because the piston is flush with the block.

please any insight will be helpful

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
How did you adjust the valves? If you loosen all the rockers, will the motor turn over?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i havent tried anything yet it was late last night so we called it a night im going to bsck off the rockers and see what happens tonight.i hope the cam is in the right position

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
i just pulled #7 spark plug and it was falter than a pancake i hope thats all:eek:
i didnt think this engine had this much comperestion its got smog heads. can anyone recomend some sparkplugs.

·
Registered
932 Posts
ok just read your new post,
piston contacting the spark plug is not a good thing thats clearence issues i can't even think of a fix

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
dosnt mater now it was still not turning over so i pulled the head and the exhaust
valve must have stuck or the timing is off the piston snapped the valve off and it cracked:mad: i guess the 305 goes back in unlill i can get enough money to rebuild again:(.....#@$*

1 - 7 of 7 Posts