the #'s on the choke tower are
LIST-6210
on the side of the carb on the barrel
6r-3880b
on on the blocks

·
Premium Member
4,045 Posts
These people are really great about finding exactly what you need to know...
Daytona Parts Company
1191 Turnbull Bay Road
New Smyrna Beach, Florida

Phone: (386) 427-7108

·
Premium Member
7,732 Posts
What could they tell him about it that wasn't on the Holley master list?

It's a 650 spread-bore replacement carb.

They were pretty-common at one time. You can still buy them brand-new.

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
I built my dad a 650 spread bore holley for christmas (jet extensions, choke removed, jetted it up a bit for his combo, messed with some other things). The carb was the only thing he changed this winter. Car went from 13.85 in good weather with a 750 Edelbrock to his new best of 13.62!!! I was suprised at the results, actually!

Kev

·
Premium Member
4,045 Posts
I built my dad a 650 spread bore holley for christmas (jet extensions, choke removed, jetted it up a bit for his combo, messed with some other things). The carb was the only thing he changed this winter. Car went from 13.85 in good weather with a 750 Edelbrock to his new best of 13.62!!! I was suprised at the results, actually!

Kev
I guess there's more to it than driving it across town.. I've got an Edelbrock 1400 600 cfm...set the lean...I haven't seen my gas gauge move in two days....I hope it still works......matter of fact..I know it does...I get great gas mileage...Maybe I'm just one of the lucky one's...:D Take's me 13.62 min's to get across town......

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
I wasn't bagging on the Eddy. They're fine carbs. I've used them and so has my dad and brother. Just the built up little mechanically secondary spreadbore ran a little better. I think the gas mileage is actually better with the spread if you keep your foot out of it because the primaries are itty bitty.

Kev

1 - 8 of 8 Posts