Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

I'm in process of rebuilding my original SS Nova small block. Dad rebuilt it in 1992 and its tired. I'm trying to find out what the stock deck height really is. Machine shop says it's 9.032" mine measures 9.022" Dad also said it was decked back in the day, but didn't remember how much. I've seen a ton of threads stating that stock height is 9.025" but haven't seen anything official. Does anyone have any facts on this? Should I trust this guy?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hello all!

I'm in process of rebuilding my original SS Nova small block. Dad rebuilt it in 1992 and its tired. I'm trying to find out what the stock deck height really is. Machine shop says it's 9.032" mine measures 9.022" Dad also said it was decked back in the day, but didn't remember how much. I've seen a ton of threads stating that stock height is 9.025" but haven't seen anything official. Does anyone have any facts on this? Should I trust this guy?
Most are close at 9.025 The stock blocks will have some tolerance. you can take .005 to .010 to true up or if its a stock engine and the deck is flat I would just leave it. taking .025 off usually take the vin numbers with it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts