Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to buy a 4 barrel intake manifold to replace the stock 2 barrel. (Will purchase carb to match, not asking for any comments on that so don't waste anyone's time)

The listing has this information, but the drop down box cannot determine if it will match up with the 305 engine. Can anyone help me determine if it will bolt straight on to the 1978 305 engine without any problem or alteration?

Fits: 1955-86 Small Block Chevy 265-283-302-327-350-400 V8 Engines.
Square & Spread Bore (non-EGR).
Idle to 5500 RPM.
Cast Aluminum.
Port exit dimensions: 1.13" x 1.90".
Estimated runner length - Shortest: 5.00".
Estimated runner length - Longest: 6.50".
Manifold height: (A) 3.75", (B) 4.75".
Also Fits 1987-Up stock aluminum heads (does not fit 1987-Up cast iron or Chevrolet Bow Tie heads).
Accepts late model choke, water neck, AC, alternator, and HEI.

Thank you for any help!

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
I agree on the carb question. I don't know what brand intake is listed but for example, if you are looking at edelbrock intakes which most of the eBay ones are copies of, I would use a performer only if using a quadrajet carb. Otherwise I would use a performer eps manifold.

·
Premium Member
1,725 Posts
I used a performer on my 305. Worked well. Used a quadrajet, and was ok. Had to use the port in the manifold for the power brakes.

On the 350, am using a Holley street avenger which has a dedicated power brake port. This leaves the manifold port for the transmission. Better design, in my opinion.

Ray

·
Premium Member
72, 2 Dr, 383, 700r4
1,555 Posts
I used a performer on my 305. Worked well. Used a quadrajet, and was ok. Had to use the port in the manifold for the power brakes.

On the 350, am using a Holley street avenger which has a dedicated power brake port. This leaves the manifold port for the transmission. Better design, in my opinion.

Ray
I used the Edlebrock Performer dual plane for a similar upgrade on a stock AMC 304. It worked out well too.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Thank you so much sir! That is an enormous help and thank you for actually reading the carb part as well!
I'm not understanding what this means? Since you already know everything about carburetors then you should be able to figure out if your manifold fits on your own. But I guess you know the difference between spread bore and square bore carbs and that there is a better intake for each choice. Good way to already make friends here after 3 posts.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts