Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 65 Hardtop and want a large rear rim/tire combo. I'm totally game for a tub but prefer a mini tub if possible - what I need to know is how big of a tub can I do that will allow me to keep the back seat. I'd also be willing to trim the backseat framing if needed also. I just wanna know more about what I can do before I contact someone to do it.

I'd like at least an 18x10 rear wheel

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What diameter tire? Are you wanting a tire 18 inches wide or 10 inches wide? I'm not clear on the tire size, which will largely determine your back seat issue.
I'm not really sure on tire size - I'm willing to go with a thin low profile. I just want a large rim.

I can't find many 62-65's with a large rear tire for guidance.

Trust me if I could find a way to have a set of 20x15's on the rear and keep the backseat I'd do it.

·
Registered
762 Posts
I still have my backseat. I am running a set of Rated X's 20x12 w 6" BS - 335/30/20 on my 65 ....Might even be for sale.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I love the 20" rears besides the tub what all did you have to do?

I'd like do go with a deeper dish look though if possible.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Ideally I'd love to try for a different look.

I'm interested in some deep dish 20x15's with something like a 29x18x20 or something near that size mickey thompson.

and a wheel something like this

·
Registered
3 Posts
mini tubbbbbbbbb

Hey GR... got any pics underneath? what kind of rear suspension ya got? Wheels maybe for sale?

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
my car is minitubbed, leaf springs moved in, frame rails notched and the tubs cut and widened 3". I run a 15x10 weld draglite with a 30x13.5 ET street tire. That's the biggest tire I can fit without doing a full tub job.
Im sure if you find a good fabricator or do it yourself your only limit is money and imagination. My buddy had a 66 chevelle he tubbed but no roll cage and had a back seat and had a 29x18.5-15 mickey thompson tire.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
minitubbed with C/E frame rails moved in to the trunk drop off.
15X10 with 28/12.5's

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OMG I love the pics - Theres something about a 1st gen Nova tubbed thats turns me on. lol

I've got a folder of inspiration Novas on my laptop. those pics above are going in.

Yes, the wheels are Centerlines - Right now they are on sale for $999 each. So I'm thinking I better get the money together asap. LOL I've wanted a 1st gen for years - took me over 4 years to get my wife to give in and let me get one. Little does she know I will eat PB&J and ramen noodles to build this car the way I want.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Keep us updated as the build progresses:yes:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts