Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi novaus, does any one know if the original 63 dash pads had 2 trim pieces that went underneath the windshield? i know there is one long one that went under the lip of the dash. my 63 has 3 tiny holes under the windshield on each side of the speaker so at one time it must have had a dash pad. i have an old original dash pad that i bought years ago and it has the same 3 tiny holes and what looks like the car had trim pieces to go over the edge of the padded dash under the windshield.

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
the factory dash pad has these metal structures built into the pad...

6 holes at windshield, 2 holes by the speaker, then the stainless trim underneath the dash lip...

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
63 nova dash pad

thanks nova guru for your reply. the original dash pad i have does have the 3 pieces you show in the photo but they are underneath the dash pad. is there any trim that goes on the top side of the dash pad by the windshield? other than the trim that goes underneath the dash lip. i'm a newbi but will try to post a picture. thanks again. kimo

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
nothing on the top... the screws that attach the pad on top have a finish style countersunk washer underneath them... no other trim etc...

·
Registered
69 Posts
that was a great post right there . had the same question . so an after market dash has the front braces in them ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts