Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1963 Hardtop W.I.P.
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Always loved the Gen 1s and I am finally in the market to buy one. Looking at a 63 convertible 400, hoping the rust isn't too bad. Planning to make respectable daily driver regardless of body I end up getting. I live in NW California. So getting parts and work done is going to be a challenge I'm sure.

Joined some Facebook groups. Googles some questions and this site keeps popping up.

Hoping to learn and have a good time in my future project.

:beer1: Cheers!

·
Registered
1969 Nova . . 2dr . . Chino Valley,Az USA
4,849 Posts
Welcome to SNS

glad to have you here , even from Ca ........ lol

we're right next door, almost ....... :rolleyes:

(there is a "Steves Nova Site" ... facebook page ................................................................................................................................................. somewhere ..)

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
:waving:Welcome from Wisconsin! :horse: Pics?

·
Registered
1963 Hardtop W.I.P.
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I was going to post a picture of the 63 Hardtop I purchased Tuesday, but it seems images are disabled. Nice forest green, tan interior. Previous owner had it for 30 years. I'm the 4th owner. Guy I bought it from redid a lot, trunk and pan stripped and coated. Interior redone, engine(I6) and transmission(PowerGlide) rebuilt. Odometer rolled over 40k driving it home. Needs a carb rebuild but Im pretty excited at FINALLY owning one of these beauties.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
congrats on the new nova, i know you have to have a big grin as you were driving home.

·
Registered
1963 Hardtop W.I.P.
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
congrats on the new nova, i know you have to have a big grin as you were driving home.
It was a little terrifying to be honest. Carburetor dogs out when accelerating and Google took me on some crazy mountain backroad. Pump pedal to get up hill, immediately slow down so i can make the hairpin turn. Rinse and repeat for about 40 miles in the dark.

But I love it and cant wait to start cruise it and wrench on it a little.

·
Administrator
8,471 Posts
Here is another image hosted elsewhere on the net, see if you can use this URL and post the image as I have. I see this pic on both my PC and iPad. If you can, and it is visible, this will point to apple products not liking tinyurl link you are using. You also have said what OS you are using, so I'm only guessing. Without others input, it will be hard to determine this as the conclusion.

·
Registered
1963 Hardtop W.I.P.
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ive been here on 2 windows PCs(not 100% on the OS but i I want to say ones 7 and the other is 10) I am currently on a Samsung Tab A. I cannot see my photos on any of them.

I can see the nove above. Here's my attempt to link it:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts