Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to All - my name is Rocky - my wife, Ellen and I are in the process of converting a 1964 Nova "survivor" into a street rod.
A Chevy 2 fan since they came out, I have owned two in the mid 60's, my wife and I built a third in the early 70's - now we are building a 4th in OUR 70's!
The car was purchased in June 2022 from a family who had it garaged for over 40 years. With just 42,000 miles, no body rust and the original paint, the condition is truly remarkable.
The list of parts that are for sale is a complete drive train, 194cu 6 cyl motor, powerglide trans, drive shaft, rear end, complete rust-free doghouse with suspension, steering box, steering column, heater box, instrument cluster and radio, wheels and tires. All suspension parts just passed inspection.
We would appreciate any comments on how best to market the parts outside of this forum, what's a fair price, part-it-out or look for someone to take it all.
We are happy to be a part of the community of fans and owners of our favorite cars!!
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood

·
Premium Member
3,252 Posts
Welcome. I am a hot rod guy at heart, but I would have a very hard time changing this one. With that said, I've always wanted to start with the soundest car I could find. You sir, certainly have achieved that!!! Good luck with your project and build it the way you want it. There's a wealth of info and support here.

·
Registered
1969 Nova . . 2dr . . Chino Valley,Az USA
6,455 Posts
WOW - very nice. It reminds me of - SNS member "smokinbill's gasser car" ; when he first showed it on here.

His was a very clean car, also. But, then he did do-it-up right. (I wonder where he went ? ).

rockystl - that's a very great looking Chevy II , you have there. Welcome to SNS , you'll like it around here, for sure.

and, keep posting those cool pictures.

jim

·
Registered
1970 Nova, 4 DR, 307, Powerglide
114 Posts
Did you use the words “Rocky” and “Survivor” in the same sentence? That’s the recipe for success on this project!

Welcome to SNS from western NY! You’re very fortunate to find one in that condition. And I can’t think of a better way to spend quality time with the wife!

·
Registered
1967 Nova SS
1,940 Posts
Welcome. I for one have had little luck selling OEM drive train and suspension parts. Most everyone wants better handling and performance.

Having said that, you found a Super Nice "survivor". If you make upgrades, drive it awhile and then move on, your return may not be more than what it's worth "as is". But it's your car, do what you want and enjoy it. Good luck and share with us as you go.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hello to All - my name is Rocky - my wife, Ellen and I are in the process of converting a 1964 Nova "survivor" into a street rod.
A Chevy 2 fan since they came out, I have owned two in the mid 60's, my wife and I built a third in the early 70's - now we are building a 4th in OUR 70's!
The car was purchased in June 2022 from a family who had it garaged for over 40 years. With just 42,000 miles, no body rust and the original paint, the condition is truly remarkable.
The list of parts that are for sale is a complete drive train, 194cu 6 cyl motor, powerglide trans, drive shaft, rear end, complete rust-free doghouse with suspension, steering box, steering column, heater box, instrument cluster and radio, wheels and tires. All suspension parts just passed inspection.
We would appreciate any comments on how best to market the parts outside of this forum, what's a fair price, part-it-out or look for someone to take it all.
We are happy to be a part of the community of fans and owners of our favorite cars!!
View attachment 445273
View attachment 445272
Really appreciate the comments - yes it is a beautiful car and yes I will be changing just about everything that you can't see - leave the original paint,
View attachment 445273
View attachment 445272
Thanks to everyone for the comments - and WOW!! was exactly what we said when we saw the car. Not to worry - no new paint - most of the exterior of the car will remain original - going to have everything new underneath - a few changes with the wheels and tires - the interior will get an upgrade for comfort, but the retro look works best. Will be posting progress and photos from time to time - and I am sure there will be questions for the SNS folks who seem to know a lot!!

·
Super Moderator
5,461 Posts
Welcome! That looks like a fantastic car, too. I would have a very hard time making that car a hot rod, too, as you don't find them that way very often anymore. But to each his or her own. If you have any inkling about getting rid of those 'worthless' original parts, there are guys like me that still value them. Tons of info and good sounding boards here at SNS. Enjoy the project.

·
Registered
Mike - 74 Nova Baltimore, MD
2,514 Posts
Hello and welcome to the site! That is one solid looking 64... looks like it just rolled off the showroom floor.

·
Registered
1969 Nova . . 2dr . . Chino Valley,Az USA
6,455 Posts
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
looks like it just rolled off the showroom floor.
and , I agree with Mike - that's th' car that everyone dreams to find.
"rockstl" - - - you are a very lucky guy (go buy you a 'loto ticket' - - could be ) lol.

Hey Rocky - where you live (state ? ) .
jim

1 - 20 of 20 Posts