Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My name is Ross and I am so glad I found this site. I have owned many cars in my life, but for many reasons I have been out of the game for years. I found this 1966 Chevy nova SS and decided to go for it. I have owned two 66'SS'S before and it sure feels good to have another. Vin tags and cowl tags are right for an L-79. Distributor, manifold, heads, M-20, 3.73 posi, fuel pump, are the right #'s matching. Just hoping to have some fun and learn from others and maybe have some input of my own knowledge.

Glad to meet you all,

·
Registered
754 Posts
WELCOME, I HAVE A 66 NOVA SS RESTORED ORIGINAL.MINE IS ALSO LEMONWOOD YELLOW, IF THAT IS THE COLOR OF YOUR CAR IN THE SMALL PICTURE. :):chev::):chev:

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Welcome to the site, some pretty good help and info here.:)

·
Premium Member
663 Posts
Welcome to the site, that is a beautiful car.:yes::D

·
Premium Member
2,948 Posts
Beautiful car and welcome to the site... You will find a wealth of information here and not only very helpful advice but good people...

·
Registered
14 Posts
nice ride

hey Ross, just saw your car love it! I am in the middle of a 66 project my self. Wondering if your car is butternut or lemonwood yellow and if its lemonwood what is the diffrence between that and butternut. I am trying to decide for mine and want something diffrent.
Thanks Grant

·
Premium Member
1963 Chevy II wagon 400
11,869 Posts
Welcome to SNS, super lookin' '66 you've got there !!!!:yes:
Aloha,Ric

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Grant,

I don't think the question and answer should be in the member introduction section but will try.

The paint codes for 1966 Chevrolet-Chelleve-Corvair were on the cowl tag Lemonwood Yellow is (Y) I believe that Butternut was the Yellow introduced in 1967. If your looking for a stock color for 66 it would be Y. There is not to much difference to my eye. I have seen some 67's with butternut and do like them. Be careful with the other color of 66 Corvettes they are called Sun Rise yellow as I recall.

I do like the Lemonwood,

Ross

·
Registered
754 Posts
HI ROSS, YOU ARE CORRECT YELLOW PAINT CODES FOR NOVAS BOTH IN 66 AND 67 WAS Y . VERY SIMILAR COLORS. DIFFERENT FORMULAS. 67 BUTTERNUT IS ALITTLE MORE BRIGHTER YELLOW THAN 66 LEMONWOOD YELLOW THAT IS A LITTLE MORE CREAMIER COLOR. :chev::thumbsup::waving:

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
hey Ross . i'am new here tooo ,u have a good looking ride .:yes:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts