Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
Glad to be a new member, I find myself on this site regularly researching and learning from all.Decided to join......Just bought a 63 NovA SS Convertible. ACC Code 3,194 inline six, great running car,fun to drive. I believe the car came from IOWA. Cream Colored /Saddle Tan Interior, All Stock.

Trying to decode an engine casting number that insists that the engine is a 292. However the side plates are 4", the motor mounts are directly across from one another. The engine serial indicates 194/Power-glide. Searching the internet I have come across other Chevy II owners with this same casting number and nothing but 292 answers from the web? Possible Canadian casting or assembly?

Engine Casting: 3788378
CON3 K91
Engine Serial: FII28HF

Thanks for any help in this puzzle.

WNC Heavy

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
:waving:Welcome from Wisconsin! :horse: Pics?

·
Super Moderator
4,024 Posts
Welcome! Short valve covers, fuel pump up by the distributor and the 'HF' suffix all point to a 194 backed by a power glide. When possible, you ought to put a few pictures of your convertible up on the site. Sounds like a nice car.

·
Registered
Mike - 74 Nova Baltimore, MD
1,616 Posts
Welcome to the site!

·
Registered
1969 Nova . . 2dr . . Chino Valley,Az USA
4,861 Posts
Heavy .... WELCOME to SNS

glad you joined-up ... really good people on here ... :yes:

look here for your engine code -- " HF " ....

https://novaresource.org/codes.htm

Nova Resource.org .... run your mouse over the 'Top Header' .... enjoy

And

keep th' six .... :D .... plus, only those 292 - 6 motors have the 6" side covers .... ONLY !
the 194 , 230 , and 250 motors have 4" side covers ...
does your motor have the front sump - oil - pan ? ?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts