Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For now, if interested in hearing my "Nova story" please visit me at http://www.hubgarage.com/mygarage/hotrodlily
as it is Sat. and I should be outside working on her instead of sitting here writing about her. :turn:
I'll be back later to get better acquainted with you all. I have some Nova news to share and a few questions I'd like to ask specific to my Nova.
See you all later and "hey, thanks for having me"

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Welcome to the site, feel free to ask in any of the many sections we have, there's always someone willing to help or offer what they know!:yes:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
okay so now I feel like a double traitor

First-to my dear brother who, so very long ago, started me on this journey when he returned from his service in the army with his beautiful 72 SS Nova and began what is to me now, a series of awesome childhood memories. He laughed at me when I promised (after he put a piston through the side of the block while attempting to show me just how fast she was) to one day have one just like her of my own.
and second- to be welcomed as a 4th gen. owner as I kind of "settled" for this 75, while I'm still drooling over every 2nd and 3rd gen. that I see.
Now please don't get me wrong.... I absolutely love my Nova and I am grateful to have her. She is in every way a tribute to the memory of my oldest brother and I know he is right beside me, smiling, all the way as I struggle through each of the tasks involved in rebuilding her. Even though I remember distinctly, his somewhat negative comments regarding things like, the plainness of the newer gen. front ends. etc.
Personally I think the 75's at least, are still pretty hot little cars when put together with the right wheels and tires and other sporty, shiny parts.
oops... sorry for rambling on. Everyone who knows me is "Nova'd Out". Guess I'm a bit obsessed. I only wanted to do this for 30+ years.....
Glad to be here.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,841 Posts
One more "Welcome Aboard", this time from Ohio.

For most of us, this is our favorite site, hang-out and information source. We have members from almost everywhere and with a seemingly unending list of talents!

That's a nice story about your brother. And don't feel lonely about drooling over other Novas... most of us would love to add more of them to our garages :yes::yes:.

So, consider yourself one of the family and start checking out all the forums.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
thanks for the thought

I'll sell you my "little" project.....:p

She's a second gen.....

John
I admire the 2nd gens. but really the only way I would ever consider giving up the one I've got now would be if someone out there, for some crazy reason, wanted to trade straight across for a 71 or 72 SS in at least close to the same condition as my 75 is.
Like that's ever gonna happen, right?
My whole Nova thing is about my oldest brother and shared memories from long ago before I was even old enough to drive a car. He had promised to teach me how to drive and then sell me his Nova. After blowing up the motor, and then losing the car to life situations, I assured him that it would be okay and I promised him that one day I would get another one and he could help me build it up to be as cool as his was.
Now, 30 years later, I'm finally making my Nova dream come true. Unfortunately he passed away a few years ago so I'm doing it without his help..... but not without his support, as I know he is smiling down on me.
Many coincidences surrounding the whole thing assure me of that.
People think it's weird when they see me out in the driveway every day with my tool box out, the hood open or the sanders going or whatever I'm doing and I've been asked more than once "Shouldn't it be your teen aged son out here trying to restore an old car? I guess girls aren't supposed to do that sort of thing. Little do they know, it's all about silly, sentimental girl stuff.
Sorry to ramble on. A simple "No thanks" probably would have been enough huh?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.