Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello from New Jersey!

Hello everyone,

Thought I would take a minute and say hello to everyone. Not new to the sight but never posted before.
I have a '73 SS that I bought about a year and a half ago and am having a blast with it! I have had motorcycles all my life and have had more fun in the past 18 months with this car than I have ever had with bikes. Even the wife and kids get a kick out of going places in the nova.
Any how I just bought a new engine, well most of one, for the car and am excited to get started with the engine swap. Prob wont actually do the swap till the spring but im just really excited about this and wanted to get started posting some pics and asking some stupid questions :)
The engine I got is a ZZ2 350 short block with forged crank and hyperutectic pistons and a cam already installed and a bunch of other stuff to go along. Like Edlebrock performer rpm heads, performer rpm intake, B&M 2400 torque conv, flywheel and some other stuff.
Ok fist question. On the end of the cam where the timing chain goes on does there need to be a cam button? or does the bracket that is already there hold the cam in place? Should have a pic of what im talking about.
Thanks for your input and you can look forward to more silly questions as I get farther into this.
Thanks again

Ok im really stupid, how do I add pics to this?

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
siouxman65

Hello from another NJ nova owner, I also have a 73 SS along with a 70 SS and a 70 2dr. with auto.. the two SS cars are both 4speeds. If you need anything
my email is [email protected]. Live in Bordentown NJ 08505 just off exit 7 of the NJTP,,, Ron

·
Premium Member
1,436 Posts
Welcome to the site siouxman65 :yes::yes::yes:

Where is Jersey are you from??

I am in Somerville.

Rob

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
:waving:Welcome from Wisconsin! Glad you decided to join in.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the welcome guys.
Hey Ron thanks for the offer to help. Just might take you up on that sometime.
I am located in southern Jersey in a small town called Pittsgrove. Near the Vineland, Bridgeton, Millville area.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Thanks for the welcome guys.
Hey Ron thanks for the offer to help. Just might take you up on that sometime.
I am located in southern Jersey in a small town called Pittsgrove. Near the Vineland, Bridgeton, Millville area.
Damm dude you almost in Delaware. Sorry but you wont be invited for turkey dinner. It takes about two hour from your town to jersey city but since I like you already I will send you some turkey via USPS. LOL
Welcome.

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
TO SNS , :waving:

:pics:
GLAD TO HAVE YOU WITH US, ENJOY THE SITE!
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
260 Posts
Welcome from another Jersey guy!! I am in middletown, otherwise kmown as the Bayshore area, northern part of the shore. Nothing but good people here on Steve's....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts