Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am the owner of a 1978 Nova. It is the regular Coupe, and has the original straight 6 (250) in it. My list to fix it up the right is long, but the engine is whats important right now. Have had to replace the head twice, but I still have water that is going somewhere. I am wanting to swap to a 350, but do not know what all the changes would require, so any help would be appreciated..

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Welcome to the site..

An engine swap shouldn’t be too difficult if you’ve got power steering and A/C it might be a little more of a task. You’ll need clamshells and frame mounts to mount the engine on the crossmember. Whatever trans you have will need to have the Chevy bell housing. If by some chance you have a BOP transmission you’ll have to address that but it’s pretty unlikely..

·
Registered
Mike - 74 Nova Baltimore, MD
1,487 Posts
Welcome to the site.
Luckily, my Nova always had a V8... but I'm sure there are others that have swapped out a 6 cyl for a V8 that can help. The "Search" tool is also a great source of valuable information for all current and future projects.

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
:waving:Welcome from Wisconsin! :horse: Pics?

·
Premium Member
3,718 Posts
Hey... you're just across the river from me! I'm from the Ironton, Ohio area.

Maybe we'll run into each other at a cruise-in.

My '66 is off the road at the moment, but I have a couple of other cars that I take to cruises and shows, so let me know if you're going to one (with or without your Nova) and I'll keep an eye out for you!

Oh yeah, welcome to the site, too!!:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts