Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Actually I am a big Classic car guy and have owned many Chevrolets over the years. Mostly Impala, Bel Air, Camaro, Chevelle, El Camino, but this is my first Chevy II Nova. It is a 1965 SS 283 Powerglide that I just bought from the original owner. I have gained a lot of knowledge about these cars here and have always liked them. This is a real nice survivor with only a front disk brake conversion. 57,000 documented original miles, original paint, original drivetrain, front seats recovered. They are only original once, and that is how I like them.......Bill 20180816_105859.jpg

20180816_110016.jpg

20180816_110053.jpg

20180816_105932.jpg

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
:waving:Welcome from Wisconsin! Now that's one nice find!

·
Registered
1969 Nova . . 2dr . . Chino Valley,Az USA
4,931 Posts
Hi Bill

Welcome To SNS .... let the fun take over.

VERY NICE Nova ...... and ...... The '65s turn me on (I'm not that kinda guy)........ plus a SS.

thanks for the pictures

·
Super Moderator
4,101 Posts
Beautiful car! That's a great color combination for Nova SS and throughout the GM line. True, there aren't a lot of original condition cars out there anymore, but this one looks relatively untouched.

Any idea where it was purchased originally? Black plate beginning with 'N' suggests earlier in that model year, but just a guess.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Original Dealer

Thanks everyone. Car was built the 3rd week of November in Norwood, Ohio. Probably sat on the lot until March when Bonnie bought it on March 28 1965. I bought the car from Bonnie.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Added photo to previous post

I added the original Dealer purchase order to previous post. Pdf did not work.

·
Premium Member
3,763 Posts
Yellow65SS - glad to have you as a new member! And, that's one pretty, exceptionally well-preserved Nova SS that you have there.

So, you guys (and gals) who have been on the site for a while know by now that I'm a bit OCD.... But, when you've been around these cars as long as I have, certain little things just jump out at you. On the 'Car Order Form' that was posted, the tires are listed as 7.35x14 whitewalls. That's interesting to me because the largest tire that was available from the factory on Novas - even through 1967 - was 6.95x14. I'm guessing that the sales rep had Chevelles on his/her mind when that form was being written up...

Now that you've all rolled your eyes and sighed, I'll crawl back under my rock and be a good little troll :D.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts