Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We'll I'm from San Diego and new to this site, but not to online forums in general, so I'll spare you from some n00b stuff haha.

The car: 1972, L6 3 on the tree MT.

I purchased it 6 years ago when I was 20, and used it as a DD for 4 years without anything more troublesome than bad points in the distributor. I knew that I would not be able to restore it and drive it at the same time. So I purchased a Honda Prelude, and then later traded that in for a WRX Wagon.

At first I had plans to put a V8 the Nova, but after seeing the old 250 hold up so well, I couldn't bring myself to chuck it. Also, owning a WRX I have become addicted to cornering ability in a car. So I want to keep the front end light, and keep the weight centered as much as possible. I got a nice rebuild done last month.

My plans for the car: Fortunately the 250 has a low compression, So after I take care of some minor body issues, + new pans, shift hump, and a 4 spd, I'll get some forged pistons and a turbo set up. Then I want to research a good handling suspension set-up. I know it kinda goes against the rule of muscle cars but I think it will be a fun project.

I have absolutely no idea what color/style I want to paint it.

-Stephen

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Leave the body and go to town on the suspension and drivetrain!!:yes:

Welcome to the site!

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
sweet ride i like the idea you have going on too check out the southwest region for local socal get togethers and stuff there are a ton of so caL guys on here ............ im from riverside not to far northeast of you :D oh and welcome to steves

1 - 4 of 4 Posts