Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past year i've sold my 39 chevy coupe project (427/ pwrglide), 56 chevy p'up project (350 TPI/700R4), rebuilt the son's 71 el camino finished project (305/TH350) to boil it down to ONE project...then my mother-in-law goes out and takes in this 62 nova 2dr hard top because some a-hole stole from her.

Well, the dog got sick the same time we moved to SA. All the veterinarian fees, costs involved with buying a new home PLUS the MIL has moved in with us so I'm dang near broke on the savings account (project account) and she goes and gives me this 62 Nova to help make up for the loss (she's a great gal!).

The Nova's body is in decent condition with some rust on the rear quarters, 2bbl carb on a 283 with a TH350, let's see...5 lug axles front and rear, drums all the way around, needs seat covers and carpet. Hmmm, wonder how much I could get for this thing. I thought real long and hard about making this thing bring me back to par with my project account (was hoping to get a Fast Five 33 Coupe kit and build it).
I bought a used Eldelbrock intake and holly 600cfm carb to replace the 2bbl, rewired the ignition (soooo many splices!) and low and behold...Ive got a nice car THAT NEEDS ME! Ok, finally decided to keep her.

Researched some options on the internet and found myself here wanting to install some CBR goodies and have at it!

·
Premium Member
6,444 Posts
Welcome to the place from a fellow Texan. Post some pic's when you can.:yes:

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
:waving:Welcome from Wisconsin! Post some pictures please.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Welcome to SNS. My son lives in SA. He lives up near Sea World. He will be at Cars and Coffee with his Camaro near hwy 281 and 1604 on Saturday. There also is Biffs on Friday nights. I been there many times when we go down for visits. Peace Dale

·
Premium Member
3,843 Posts
Welcome. How do you like the new toll road to Austin? Hammer down at 85 MPH and still be legal.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Welcome to SNS. My son lives in SA. He lives up near Sea World. He will be at Cars and Coffee with his Camaro near hwy 281 and 1604 on Saturday. There also is Biffs on Friday nights. I been there many times when we go down for visits. Peace Dale
I'm over at Culebra and 1604 - I was looking for a hangout once I get a kitchen pass.

Welcome. How do you like the new toll road to Austin? Hammer down at 85 MPH and still be legal.
It's not a big deal because we drive 85 on IH35 anywayz! :cool:

Thanks for the welcome guys! I'm workin hard on her to drive daily, and run the track on weekends. Should be fun!

And here's one of the engine bay...old ugly, but it'll keep me busy!

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
TO SNS , :waving:

WARMING STORY, WELCOME TO THE NOVA SCENE! :pics:
GLAD TO HAVE YOU WITH US, ENJOY THE SITE!
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Gr8apmech, If your looking for the car hangouts my son is a member of the San Antonio F-Body club. They have a web site you can Google and there is usually show/event info on there. If you see a 2002 Black SS 6-sp Camaro with a large intercooler and Turbo that would be his. Peace Dale

·
Premium Member
1963 Chevy II wagon 400
11,882 Posts
Welcome to the SNS site.:cool:

Great looking project you've got !!! :thumbsup:

Aloha, Ric

1 - 20 of 20 Posts