Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive recently added a 1963 Chevy II 400 to the family. She's comes with a little bit of baggage, but when the conditions are right she runs great. The problems that I've inherited are:
Over heating (common problem I've found out)

Moroso oil pan dangerously close to the ground

4 lug front end

fuel tank runs dry half way through the tank

If anybody has any thoughts or comments, I'd love the input.

the 350 fires up great and runs well, the 2400 stall converter isn't
the best for driving though.

Love the site,
Olaf

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
Welcome to steves...Im in alameda...I have a 65ss and a 67.There are tons of norcal guys and we do lots of stuff together.We just had the west coast mini nationals at the beginning of the month and we have the 3rd annual Norcal picnic in Martinez oct 30...you should come!!
ps check the southwest sectional for all the local news!!
ps 2 lets see some pics!!

·
Vendor
7,086 Posts
Ive recently added a 1963 Chevy II 400 to the family. She's comes with a little bit of baggage, but when the conditions are right she runs great. The problems that I've inherited are:
Over heating (common problem I've found out)

Moroso oil pan dangerously close to the ground

4 lug front end

fuel tank runs dry half way through the tank

If anybody has any thoughts or comments, I'd love the input.

the 350 fires up great and runs well, the 2400 stall converter isn't
the best for driving though.

Love the site,
Olaf
Welcome to NorCal:D

We need a lot more information to be of any help.:eek:Stock 350? I would just try to find a stock pan and pump and pickup,it will solve your ground clearance issues.

How much fuel does it take when its dry? 16 gallons? If so the sender has an issue,if it only takes 8-9 gallons something is bent in the tank.

You need to find some 5 lug disc brakes for the front:D

What radiator? What fan? What thermostat?Fan shroud? and so on.
Happy to help when I have enough information

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
Welcome Olaf, we have allot of nova's in the bay area and most of us have had the issues you describe:D, like Batman (Bruce) said you should come to the BBQ Oct. 30th and meet the group, we do allot of things together and you'll soon feel like family...

·
Registered
26,335 Posts
Welcome to NorCal:D

We need a lot more information to be of any help.:eek:Stock 350? I would just try to find a stock pan and pump and pickup,it will solve your ground clearance issues.

How much fuel does it take when its dry? 16 gallons? If so the sender has an issue,if it only takes 8-9 gallons something is bent in the tank.

You need to find some 5 lug disc brakes for the front:D

What radiator? What fan? What thermostat?Fan shroud? and so on.
Happy to help when I have enough information
TO SNS OLAF :waving:
WITH WHAT BRIAN SAID, WE NEED JUST A TAD MO' INFO. ON YOUR CAR. BUT NO SWEAT WE'RE HERE 24/7
ENJOY THE SITE!
:thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts