Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to introduce myself, my name is Mike and I'm addicted to cars. O hang on this isn't a AA meeting, lmao. So I have a 1963 Nova 2dr that I have been building for a few months. I'm going oldschool gasser style. My license plate snotrkt (snot rocket) decribes the nova. The name will be on the car when it races in the 2013 season.
A little about the car now, it's an ex 70's drag car that ran a 427 BBC had the wheels wells radius'd and nodular 9" rearend with 4.56 gears. The car pulled high 10's in the 70's. NOW the rear quarters are back to factory and the nodular 9" rearend has been narrowed with ladderbars, a 496 stroker with a 8-71 BDS blower is in the process of being built right now ( est. 900+ hp were hoping for ), Im in search of a straight axle front clip to give it that oldschool gasser look. The body is in amazing shape for 30 years of sitting in a barn. I need to re-cage the car for low 9 sec posible, the cage that is in there is hidious.
I've been building cars for years and run a 1952 Chevy 2dr post coupe as a daily driver, 383 stroker and 5 gear the car tops out at 173MPH.
Anyhow hopefully you guys here will accept this canadian to the site, I'd like to learn some stuff, trade some stories get to know a few other Nova owners.

Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
welcome to the site. we have a lot of people from canada here and im sure they will chime in to say hi.

·
13,689 Posts
Anyhow hopefully you guys here will accept this canadian to the site, I'd like to learn some stuff, trade some stories get to know a few other Nova owners.
Thanks
Mike
Not a problem, Mike. Even though the majority of members live in the U.S., this site is based in Canada and our Administrator, Steve McNabb, lives in North Bay, Ontario. Welcome aboard.

Bob

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
TO SNS MIKE :canada: , :waving:

GLAD TO HAVE YOU WITH US, ENJOY THE SITE!
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks everyone for all the welcomes, much appreciated. I'm sure well be talking in the near future.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts