Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi! :waving: I'm New to the site, my name is Amber and I reside near the beach in San Diego County.
I've always been a Chevelle (1967-1969) and Nova (1972-1974) enthusiast. Until this last fall I came across my newest baby.

A 1974 SS Nova with the 350 small block!

She's missing a few things, but that's okay with me. My plans for this sexy beast are to restore it with a modern twist with my father (who is a self employed performance, and repair mechanic and back in the day had a Chevelle and probably induced my love for these cars without me knowing :D ).
I plan to keep her looks close to the same inside and out, and to improve the cars performance under the hood and all around.

Car's History:: I came across it by chance at a weekly car show and bought it from a guy who had purchased and saved it from being a field lot car from a younger girl. Not sure how many owners but only 107,000 miles on the original (as far as I know so far) motor/tranny. It was a factory yellow, painted to red, to blue, to the matte black at current and they replaced the carpet and head liner.
Done minor tune up work including spark plugs and wires, new battery, new hoses, belt, an alarm system, plugged in the horn ;) glad it still worked!! She still has drum brakes.

If you can't tell, I'm absolutely thrilled to finally have one of my dream cars and to learn how cars work and function all while doing it along side my pops!

-Amber

·
Registered
929 Posts
:welcome:to Steves Nova Site.:good post:Glad to have ya.:cool pics:looks like your family will be making some good memories t:yes:here. Have fun with it.

·
Registered
5,310 Posts
Hello Amber, Nice Body!! :devil: Welcome to Steve's Nova Site!! Glad to have you here!! Keep us posted on the changes as they come along. Keep the pictures coming!! :devil:

:ragtop:

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
:waving:Welcome from Wisconsin! Uh, you're stealing the show from your ride! Nice hood ornament.

·
Premium Member
11,931 Posts
Welcome to the site Amber!

While I might Klassify you as a Kustom Kind of Kitty(sorry....had to do it!:tongue:) I'm going to reserve judgement and ask you what style car you want to build. I know you mentioned that you wanted to modernize some things on the car but that is a pretty wide gap.

Will you be keeping the 350/350(more than likely the setup in the car now as far as drivetrain) or will you be modernizing it with an LS style fuel injected engine and more modern transmission like a 4L60E or 700R4? Will you be upgrading the braking system to disc brakes all around? Lowering the car at all? Suspension upgrades? Wheel upgrades?

John

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Welcome from Ontario Canada!:)

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
TO SNS AMBER , :waving:

:cool pics:
GLAD TO HAVE YOU WITH US, ENJOY THE SITE!
:thumbsup:
HOPE TO SEE YOU AT SOME OF THE SOCAL FUNCTIONS COMING UP!

:cool:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts