Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
'75 Nova LN 2-Door 350 5-speed
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

My Name is Lukas, Im 20 years old and own a '75 Nova LN Coupe which is W.I.P.
Some interesting things about my car: it has been converted to a 5-speed manual, plus SS instruments in the middle console and a 5.7 liter 350cui small block (crate engine) with a Edelbrock carburetor. It was originally sold in Canada, because of that it also has a rear Window Defogger.
The coupe has some bodywork to do, especially in the trunk (where Im currently working on) and the front frame needs to be swapped. Also its not running, but I save that work for later :p
I want to continue the path that the previous owners took and make it more pro-street like. A picture of my car is attached. The exhaust is one of the few things that will not make it back onto the car in the future.

Im looking forward to be part of this community!

With kind regards,

YoungNova75

Attachments

·
Registered
Mike - 74 Nova Baltimore, MD
2,235 Posts
Hello and welcome to the site!

·
Registered
4,015 Posts
Welcome to the site Young Nova 75.. That is an unusual exhaust setup.. Are those Super Trap mufflers..?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome! Don't chuck those Supertrapps! I'll bet you can sell them if you don't want to use em.
Yeah, thats what I want to do. Sadly they are welded to a generic wide exhaust pipe, so one of the previous owners already killed the value I guess...

Welcome to the site Young Nova 75.. That is an unusual exhaust setup.. Are those Super Trap mufflers..?
Yep, those are original Super Trap Mufflers, the setup is not only unusual its also ugly as hell in my opinion. I wanna install the original exhaust again at first.

·
Registered
1973 2 door sedan 350 / 350
213 Posts
welcome aboard

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
welcome to the nova site, an enjoy a cruise in that nova when ever you can. wondering , how did you get the jeep up in the loft ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
welcome to the nova site, an enjoy a cruise in that nova when ever you can. wondering , how did you get the jeep up in the loft ?
Its parked on a 4-post lift, plus there is no loft sadly, its just the 2nd floor of the barn. Camera angle is everything, haha

And thank you guys for all the welcome posts already!

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Its parked on a 4-post lift, plus there is no loft sadly, its just the 2nd floor of the barn. Camera angle is everything, haha

And thank you guys for all the welcome posts already!
an you building this nova in germany ?

·
Registered
1969 Nova . . 2dr . . Chino Valley,Az USA
5,815 Posts
Welcome to SNS - - - Lukas , with your 75 LN .

So , I can 'relate' ................. my 73 (4dr , parts car) has a factory install = 'rear defroster unit' ..................
that I plan too install in my 69 Nova rear window . (I'm kinda looking for an inside "grille assembly" , for
the defroster . . . (or maybe . . . make , another one) .

Wood Rectangle Gas Font Composite material

........... again , Welcome .

. . . jim

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
an you building this nova in germany ?
Yeah, I grew up and live in Germany. Got the car from my dad, who has other Us Cars too. Was just a dust catcher like some other cars he owns, so I asked if I could work on it and he gifted it to me as my first project Car. Im into Us-Cars since childhood, because of him! Luckily we are good with parts, because he bought a lot from a friend a few years ago. A thing I dont have is an SS Grille, will probably buy a repro one, as the project comes to an end.

Welcome to SNS - - - Lukas , with your 75 LN .

So , I can 'relate' ................. my 73 (4dr , parts car) has a factory install = 'rear defroster unit' ..................
that I plan too install in my 69 Nova rear window . (I'm kinda looking for an inside "grille assembly" , for
the defroster . . . (or maybe . . . make , another one) .
I got lucky, mine is still in good condition, but it will make its way back into the car. I have some spare parts , but I havent looked through them all. I will keep an eye out for a second one!

·
Registered
1967 Nova SS
1,263 Posts
Welcome Lukas. Man to be 20 years old, only in my memories. Glad you joined and share your progress with pictures as you do you "first project". Good Luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Welcome Lukas. Man to be 20 years old, only in my memories. Glad you joined and share your progress with pictures as you do you "first project". Good Luck.
Thank you, I`ll do the best I can. Currently prepping the windows so they take no harm, when I start welding and working inside.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts