Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Jared, I'm from South Central PA. I've been browsing around the forums for a little while now and figured its time to post and say hello.

a little info on myself,
I'm a mechanic and metal fabricator by trade and have been involved some way in the automotive business for the last 10 years. I started working for a Construction company at the age of 15 in their fleet station. I've always been into cars and my father only fueled that passion. I'm currently in the process of starting my own repair shop doing State Inspections and repairs but also catering to custom and restoration jobs. My uncle and I started a partnership a year ago and have been working to get things off the ground.

My car,
I picked up a 1970 nova in 04' from a guy I went to school with. The car looked decent from 25', but like a lot of them, had issues. I started by installing my 355 from my 84' camaro which was about a 430hp engine. i drove the car twice before it went in to the garage. I've always loved prostreet cars and I finally had my chance to own one. i have to say, If this was an original "SS" car I never would have cut it up, but since it wasn't and it needed all new sheet metal in the back anyhow, I ceased the opportunity.

so far:
- I narrowed the rear 9" on either side, installed moser axles and richmond 4:56s
- back halved with CE ladder bars and frame rails, 10pt cage
- installed sheet metal and tubs
- Sandblasted the front sub frame, painted it with chassis black and added all new energy sus. bushings.
- SSBC front disk brake conversion
- Covan's Classic dash fitted with auto meter guages

Here's how she sits now:

Life caught up to me to this point. I got married then had two kids so that slowed down progress. I've got a lot of plans for the car, just need to get them in order. I look forward to being active here on the forum. Looks to be a lot of great info on here and decent people.

cheers

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Welcome to the site! Life has away of doing strange things to us like changing or priorities, but when it's family it tends to be easier to deal with!:yes:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanx guys.

yeah, I'm not complaining or anything. I should be so lucky to have a wife who supports my addicition:yes: I wouldn't change anything! The only thing my wife gets jelouse of is that my two daughters play with cars and trucks and not babydolls.:eek:

·
Premium Member
3,392 Posts
Welcome Jared

Pro Street is my favorite also. Enjoy the family, there are lots of cars around.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i like the previous color what is that burnt orange:confused:

actually the original color was black when i got the car. The color on the jambs and on the inside of the front fenders is called Bright Amber Met (Ford color code BG).
I was originaly gonna go with that color and did some test sprays, but its a bit pricy for me, $89 a pint for PPG DBU, plus reducer and clear. So now I think I'm gonna go with an original GM color that was on my father's 66' Chevelle...Aztec Bronze Met.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts