Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been a lurking member on here for a while, so I decided to finally introduce myself and the car. It's a 72, looks to be original with the exception of paint and some repop trim parts. Unfortunately it's not a true SS, but is a V8 a/c car. After seeing some of the pro touring transformations on here, I've been planning a project of my own! It's runs great and rides well, but all new suspension, brakes, motor, and interior are on the wish list. First up will be suspension and brakes. I don't ever plan on tracking the car, but I want a tighter handling car than it is. Is my best option to just buy a complete setup like the TVS that Hotchkis offers, or do you recommend something more intense like a 4 link? Any products I should avoid? I should mention that I want to go with a disc brake system all around, if it matters.

Thanks for the help! I'm sure I'll be on here much more often, and with updates!

·
Registered
20,113 Posts
Beautiful car and a Great year too.:D

Oh welcome aboard as well.:yes:

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
That is a very nice car that has a very nice original look. Not really a purist but are ya sure you want to tear it up?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is a very nice car that has a very nice original look. Not really a purist but are ya sure you want to tear it up?
That's the tug of war I'm dealing with. On the one hand I feel like just freshening everything up to make it 100% sound, and putting on a nicer pair of shoes. But on the other hand, I have a great canvas to start with. I've been wrestling with the decision for almost a year.
My primary hobby has been motorcycles, mostly track days and racing, but I'm losing interest...feeling mortal I suppose. A project like this would be a great fill in!

·
Registered
20,113 Posts
Build a nice little motor for it, some CBR upper and lower control arms, good shocks, disc brakes on the front, etc.. Don't need to go to wild on it to have a really fun car.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
That's the tug of war I'm dealing with. On the one hand I feel like just freshening everything up to make it 100% sound, and putting on a nicer pair of shoes. But on the other hand, I have a great canvas to start with. I've been wrestling with the decision for almost a year.
My primary hobby has been motorcycles, mostly track days and racing, but I'm losing interest...feeling mortal I suppose. A project like this would be a great fill in!
Not that you asked, but my recommendation is freshen it up maybe add some safety type upgrades as needed and if you have the bug to do a build there are plenty of project quality cars around at good prices if you have the skill and $ to make a pro touring car.
Either way you got a nice car there....

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Welcome aboard. Your car looks like it stepped out of a time machine from 1972.

I'm not a big fan of keeping things original, but there are exceptions--and I think your car is one of them. There will be a day when a car like yours in near-stock form will be worth a fortune. As others have said, there are lots of other cars out there needing TLC that you can rip apart without feeling guilty. One day you might regret messing around with this one too much.

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
VERY NICE RIDE! I LOVE THAT GOLD! :yes:
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Welcome aboard . You're car is super nice! Post up some pics of the interior and engine. I thought my garage was clean. RICK

·
Registered
221 Posts
Welcome....Nice Nova - cool color too. This is a great site, you find a great deal of useful info here ...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts