Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I joined the forum a couple months ago but haven't gotten around to an intro... I have a 64 2dr sedan that was my first car which I purchased in high school. It was my daily driver for 10 years. When I discovered modern cars with with AC and other niceties this was put to the side. It was shiny when I parked it but 25 years later I have decided to dust it off and get it back on the road.

I haven't driven it much yet but so far I have installed a CBR manual R&P with uppers and lowers and a new tilt column, power disc front and rear, wiring harnesses, new wheels, and a vortec roller crate motor. Mechanically everything from the firewall forward is new and I am working my way backwards. Long term wish list is overdrive, AC, and to swap my manual for a power R&P...

Car Land vehicle Wheel Tire Vehicle

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
I joined the forum a couple months ago but haven't gotten around to an intro... I have a 64 2dr sedan that was my first car which I purchased in high school. It was my daily driver for 10 years. When I discovered modern cars with with AC and other niceties this was put to the side. It was shiny when I parked it but 25 years later I have decided to dust it off and get it back on the road.

I haven't driven it much yet but so far I have installed a CBR manual R&P with uppers and lowers and a new tilt column, power disc front and rear, wiring harnesses, new wheels, and a vortec roller crate motor. Mechanically everything from the firewall forward is new and I am working my way backwards. Long term wish list is overdrive, AC, and to swap my manual for a power R&P...

View attachment 440397

View attachment 440397
She’s a beauty,😎 but looks like she needs new RED lipstick 👍

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah that's definitely on the list. Not sure what color I'll go with though. Been looking at "the red car" (as it's affectionately named by my family) for too long...

·
Premium Member
3,089 Posts
But I'd keep it as-is and cruise it.
I second that motion! Love the color and honest Red Badge of Courage! Makes for a great story of its origin and history too!

Welcome to SNS!

·
Registered
Mike - 74 Nova Baltimore, MD
2,429 Posts
Hello and welcome to the site! Glad to see that you are getting the 64 back on the road with some nice upgrades.

·
Registered
1969 Nova . . 2dr . . Chino Valley,Az USA
6,237 Posts
Welcome, or is it welcome back?

Love the look your car has, the rally wheels and "honest" paint look fantastic. I know everyone has a preference...
But I'd keep it as-is and cruise it
exactly - - get-her going and enjoy the ride . Then, you know how everyone would like too have ; their
first car back - - - everybody .
Very speical for sure .

and , Welcome to SNS , glad to have you here . (what state are you in . . ? ).

jim . . . (with my 'plain jane 69 Nova) .

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
exactly - - get-her going and enjoy the ride . Then, you know how everyone would like too have ; their
first car back - - - everybody .
Very speical for sure .

and , Welcome to SNS , glad to have you here . (what state are you in . . ? ).

jim . . . (with my 'plain jane 69 Nova) .
You mean there are other states outside of California?! Well I'm already learning stuff from this forum... ;)

·
Registered
1969 Nova . . 2dr . . Chino Valley,Az USA
6,237 Posts
Jeff , I like that one !

and , True (for me also) .

jim

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
@dans64nova
Welcome to the site Dan.. That’s a pretty cool lookin ChevyII..! If that’s original lacquer paint it might be able to revive it somewhat. Last summer I got motivated one day and started cleaning my mothers first car bought new in 63. It’s been parked since around 1975ish..

This is all original paint.
Car Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle Wheel

1 - 18 of 18 Posts