Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had joined SNS back in ‘05, and was active for a couple years. I remember that no matter what a person had, be it a 100 point show car, a 9 second bruiser, or a “budget challenged work in progress”, everyone here was welcome and treated well. This was also an incredible well of knowledge on all things Nova. I’m glad to see SNS is alive and well.

My love affair with Chevy II’s began in 1974 when my dad bought a 66 SS hardtop to run on the drag strip. I was 4 years old. He radiussed the rear quarters, added a straight axle up front and a BOP rearend, and put a M21 behind a high winding “de-stroked 327”. To me, that was the coolest car in the whole wide world! I had the privilege to race that same car, years later, with a full tube chassis, and a Dart 540 in front of a ‘glide.

Because the 66-67 Chevy II was my favorite car, I bought my own 66 in 1988, for $1700. All it needed was an interior, glass, motor, transmission, and a paint job. I figured with another $1500 and by the end of the summer, I’d be cruisin in style. Well, due to unrealistic expectations of young age, and recreational pharmaceutically induced cranial rectitus, it took 3 years and a bit more money. But man, when it was done it was the vehicular love of my life. I drove the wheels off that car for a number of years and then parked it... and it stayed parked for 20+ years...

Well, it’s time to resurrect my old hot rod. I’m going resto-mod. Interior, exterior, etc in 66 SS black on black, with a more modern mill and trans. I also decided it was high time to rejoin SNS. I’m not very tech savvy, so it’ll take me a while to figure out how to upload pictures. But I’ll certainly try because I really enjoy when others share pics.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
welcome back. an your right there is a very wide range of novas built just the way the owners enjoy them. good luck on your restore, an post up some pictures when you can. look at the bottom of where you write your post an there is a string of icons. the 3rd. group of icons an the 3rd icon. click that an go from there. its kind of easy.

Reactions: GRIZBYII

·
Registered
Mike - 74 Nova Baltimore, MD
1,494 Posts
Hello and welcome back. I'm looking forward to seeing your 66 resto-mod project come together.

Reactions: GRIZBYII
1 - 6 of 6 Posts