Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still doing little research before I tear into my nova. I have done research on a few front clips but im yet to find out any info on the helix front end. I see alot of people run the TCI KIT. Any input on helix Its a little easier on the wallet. Thanks Jon

·
Vendor
7,086 Posts
I had never heard of the helix front end until now.Looks like a basic MII front clip nothing special about it.be careful to price it out as you would use it,the track model(the one that looks to have some improvements is not that far off of others)

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah. I don't plan on running at at the track or racing in any way. Im just looking for a petty user friendly affordable kit. I don't need all the bells and whistles. I am looking for a complete bolt in kit. The car currently has a straight axle setup. im really not leaning towards the gasser style. I also have a complete front clip off of a 65. Do I know of any descent clips that aren't glint to break the bank?? Thanks

·
Premium Member
Serious southern boy living in Jax Fl.
4,032 Posts
The best value for the budget minded owner is the new TCI mustang II clip with improved geometry. Most of the budget clips are around two grand, this one is the best value. Smooth ride, good all around handling. Unless you can build it yourself I don't see how you can find a better deal. I bought a "build it yourself" as I'm one of those guys and I don't think I saved $200.00 This clip I am recommending was not available at that time so I missed out.

·
Vendor
1,233 Posts
Still doing little research before I tear into my nova. I have done research on a few front clips but im yet to find out any info on the helix front end. I see alot of people run the TCI KIT. Any input on helix Its a little easier on the wallet. Thanks Jon
The Helix IFS kits are made by the Hoffman Group in Oregon. They have many brands - Autolock, Zirgo, Keep it Clean and others. Everything they sell come straight from China.
Tim

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
The Helix IFS kits are made by the Hoffman Group in Oregon. They have many brands - Autolock, Zirgo, Keep it Clean and others. Everything they sell come straight from China.
Tim

I have to agree with Tim's post above. By the time you order everything that you want or need, the $ amount is going to be way up there. And, "YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR". I'm not sure how much it costs now, but you used to be able to buy just the sub frame, with no parts, from TCI for around $900.00, maybe less. That is one good buy. And you can get the suspension parts on your own, as you can afford them. It might take you more longer to build your frt. end, but like I said before, you get what you pay for. I myself would stay away from the Chinese built parts. Just my .02 cents.

Tony

1 - 6 of 6 Posts