Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 66 with the heidts super ride front clip and i was putting air rides shockwaves on it and i thought they would work upside down but no luck
have any of you guys done this on the super ride kit
thanks

·
Registered
6,794 Posts
i have a 66 with the heidts super ride front clip and i was putting air rides shockwaves on it and i thought they would work upside down but no luck
have any of you guys done this on the super ride kit
thanks
Why upside down?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the bag wont clear right side up and turning them upside down makes the bag more torward the bottom which clears the frame and control arm better

·
Registered
6,794 Posts
the bag wont clear right side up and turning them upside down makes the bag more torward the bottom which clears the frame and control arm better
I think this is a question for the manufacture:yes: I have seen this setup on several clip cars without issues:confused:

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Are you running the narrowed control arms?

I think this is a question for the manufacture:yes: I have seen this setup on several clip cars without issues:confused:
The SuperideII clip is set up for coilovers and doesn't have a relief in the framerail like the coil spring front end.

Walt

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it does have a small relief in the frame rail but not enough...it looks like if the top of the shockwave moved out 1/2" it would clear fine but then it gets into the upper balljoint...just wondering if anyone has run into this before i start chopping the clip to make it work

·
Vendor
1,230 Posts
I just talked to Ridetech and they said you can run the front Shockwaves with the double convoluted bags upside down with no problems. You will need to use flexible stainless steel hoses since they will move with the lower a-arms. You cannot run the rear rolling sleeve Shockwaves upside down.
Tim

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
You are correct that there is a relief, but not as big as the coil spring front subframes. As Tim stated, you can use the double convoluted shocks upside down. If you are using the narrowed/shortened arms my experience is the bags will not fit.

Walt

1 - 8 of 8 Posts