Chevy Nova Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes, turned out it was the new ball joints that were installed in the new control arms. Replaced them and no more noise

OMG!! Thanks for the prompt reply. Did you have to replace all four (both upper and lower) ball joints? If so, where did you purchase the replacements? Thanks..... Alan

·
Registered
3 Posts
No, just replaced the lowers that came with the new control arms. A local shop ordered them. Here’s a pic of the new and old

Outstanding!! Just purchased my ride last Dec in Cali and shipped it to my home on Guam. Previous owner was still shaking out the quirks in the build and finally decided to sell. Was looking for a 2nd Gen Nova for a while so I jumped on it! I'm slowly working out all the kinks. Almost there. Last thing will be a new paint job. Appreciate your help. I think I'll just replace all four joints. I'm assuming the previous owner installed as a complete kit with coil overs. Thanks again.............. Alan

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Not really sure. All I know it was making almost a grinding noise when I turned the wheel back and forth. They should’ve been good as they were new but I did go with a different brand when replaced

21 - 30 of 30 Posts