Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone installed the heidt 4 link and how did you like it.and you guys may have some suggestions for another brand rear end setup, pics and advice are welcome.thanks

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
im running the heidts four link in my car i like it i use it for drag racing so i welded mine in the only beef i have is i think they should change the link bars to have both heim joints at both ends of the bar. other than that no more tire issues im running 255/60/15 mt drag radials on 15x8 weld drag lites with a 5'' backspace i did have to cut off the rear bump stops due to the fact of my back space is wrong but oh well.

not very good shots but i show them anyways the tires that are on the are 235/60/15s this is when i first got it going

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
well i have 2'' drop spindles in front and you can adjust the ride height in the rear in my pictures where the spring and lower shock bolt are is the lowest it will look like this

and this

·
Registered
793 Posts
4-link

has anyone installed the heidt 4 link and how did you like it.and you guys may have some suggestions for another brand rear end setup, pics and advice are welcome.thanks
go with a true 4-link set up look at mine, I have it raised because I haven't cut the opening for the wheel tubs big enough yet but I can drop it down all the way into the weeds, I am guessing the bottom edge of the rockers at the lowest will be about 2 1/2 -3 inches off the ground and still have plenty ground clearance. Jerry:cool::D

·
Premium Member
4,176 Posts
go with a true 4-link set up look at mine, I have it raised because I haven't cut the opening for the wheel tubs big enough yet but I can drop it down all the way into the weeds, I am guessing the bottom edge of the rockers at the lowest will be about 2 1/2 -3 inches off the ground and still have plenty ground clearance. Jerry:cool::D
Yours is a lot like my setup. But I could not run a pan bar like yours duck walk to much. I ended having to put a anti-roll bar and a y-link on mine to stop the rocking.

·
Registered
793 Posts
pan bar

Yours is a lot like my setup. But I could not run a pan bar like yours duck walk to much. I ended having to put a anti-roll bar and a y-link on mine to stop the rocking.
Tim my set up does not use Panhard bar it has diagonal link or track bar, hindsight is a mother, In the future I may go with a wishbone locator.

·
Premium Member
4,176 Posts
Tim my set up does not use Panhard bar it has diagonal link or track bar, hindsight is a mother, In the future I may go with a wishbone locator.
The Black Bar is what I have always called a panhard-bar. Must be calling it the wrong name.

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Y link? Thats a new one for me. Learning everyday, I love it. What is a Y link?? Is it some type of variation of a watts link?? Thats what I was thinking??

I have an art morrison 4 link. Nice setup, stout as they come. Just got done making a watts link, pan hard bar was way to short, wallowing about on the street. Its painted and ready to bolt back up, yeah, its been bolted up a few times already for fab time. Its done!!! What a road to travel for me, new territory.

Sorry true 118, I know you were asking about the heidts 4 link. I dont know much about the system really. But if you want a 4 link be prepared to ditch the rear seating area, the forward upper links and frame occupy that area. But, it gives you PLENTY of room for some serious tubs. JR

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
could you all send some pics of the ride height from the side,thanks
Solly, no pics yet, soon. But mine has an air ride setup so the height is gonna be where I tap in the numbers on the controller. But ride height will be constant, just about at stock, Im not in the weeds during driving conditions. JR

·
Premium Member
4,176 Posts
Y link? Thats a new one for me. Learning everyday, I love it. What is a Y link?? Is it some type of variation of a watts link?? Thats what I was thinking??

I have an art morrison 4 link. Nice setup, stout as they come. Just got done making a watts link, pan hard bar was way to short, wallowing about on the street. Its painted and ready to bolt back up, yeah, its been bolted up a few times already for fab time. Its done!!! What a road to travel for me, new territory.

Sorry true 118, I know you were asking about the heidts 4 link. I dont know much about the system really. But if you want a 4 link be prepared to ditch the rear seating area, the forward upper links and frame occupy that area. But, it gives you PLENTY of room for some serious tubs. JR

Y-Link Wishbone I have herd it called lots of things

Pan Bar Panhard bar Drag link

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
ah yes a true 4 link.. very nice cars 3dtim & jer66nova ....... but if you look at my pictures i did not have to gut my car which is what i didnt want to do ....... yes you guys are right about the heidts 4 link is for street /strip not totally strip i was just looking for something other than leaf springs i also wanted to get maybe a 10" wide tire in my stock wheel well with minimal triming and i mean minimal. please dont take this the wrong way if my car was a full blown strip car i would have done the same thing and went with a ca chassis works eliminator back half kit :yes: those are true 4 links just didnt have the money and i really didnt feel like cutting up my car. now im trying to modifiy ( better ) my rear suspension so i can try different things with it and still have a little tire under there. for some reason there are cars out there running in the 6s on a small tire :yes:

·
Premium Member
4,176 Posts
My car is an old drag car. It has been cut on scene it was new. The 4-Link under it is home made. Lot of this will work nope it wont this will nope and on and on HEHEHE

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
im sure those are 10 1/2 like you said jer66nova but like you said a prostock car in street trim i agree with you its kinda confusing when one company calls it one thing at its totally a different looking product

1 - 20 of 24 Posts