Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi my 455 pontiac has a aftermarket hei performance dist. it had vacum advance but removed it not trying to save fuel has perf weight and i used the timing light that advances the weight fo max power i think i worder that right correct me if wrong its been in the car for 3 years respondes very well, i was thinking to change to a msd and box what would i gain thanks for anybodys help

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
An HEI with a decent module and coil will give you 99% of what you'll get out of several hundred dollars worth of ignition box. In a 455 Pontiac that will never see the far side of 6000 rpm, you will see ZERO improvement. Spend your money on something else.

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
An HEI with a decent module and coil will give you 99% of what you'll get out of several hundred dollars worth of ignition box. In a 455 Pontiac that will never see the far side of 6000 rpm, you will see ZERO improvement. Spend your money on something else.
Yup, and thats some solid advice.. JR

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hei vs msd

hi thanks for the advice i appreciate it oh yeah and it has gear drive i dont think the timing could get any better

1 - 5 of 5 Posts