Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
Plugs wires

And the power wire going to your coil now is a resistor wire from the firewall to coil.
You need to change this to a none resistor wire.(regular wire)

Thats it!

Al

·
Registered
11,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Plugs wires

And the power wire going to your coil now is a resistor wire from the firewall to coil.
You need to change this to a none resistor wire.(regular wire)

Thats it!

Al
ahh thats it? nice i thought it was gonna be more..dam al those hei sell like hotcakes there a top seller on that site and i can see why :yes:

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
hey big al i will be helping oscar out do the install its been a while since ive done an hei swap i remember that all you need is to pick up a switched hot from the starter and im not going to be using the coil wires at all right .........

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
hey big al i will be helping oscar out do the install its been a while since ive done an hei swap i remember that all you need is to pick up a switched hot from the starter and im not going to be using the coil wires at all right .........
You kinda lost me.

Coil wire?

The coil he has now will be not be used. The HEI is a complete unit with coil in the dist cap.

The power wires The + positive ignition power that goes to the existing coil,
both from starter and Ignition will be used.
The Wire (switched ignition) from the firewall wiring harness to the coil is a resistor wire, this wire must be replace with a none-resistor wire.

Al

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
yeah it goes like this ............. this wire goes here , then there , back to this do hicky , then from there to here and here from there and then a a quick click , up ,down, up ,down, left, right, left ,right,a,b,a,b start ,select :D

·
Registered
11,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah it goes like this ............. this wire goes here , then there , back to this do hicky , then from there to here and here from there and then a a quick click , up ,down, up ,down, left, right, left ,right,a,b,a,b start ,select :D
haha sounds like a cheat code for grand theft auto :turn: im sure in person it will make more sense then on here

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
No no no

Do-hicky! Not Hicky! leave the hicky alone!

Just change the Do-hicky!

Dam I thought I explained this already!:rolleyes:

Al

1 - 14 of 14 Posts