Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a hose that goes from my water pump to my heater box and another one that comes out of the heater box and goes to my intake manifold. Well I manhandled the heater box and i guess i broke something and it leaks now. :(
My question- Is it ok to run a line straight from the water pump to my intake man.? I don't think this will hurt anything but i rather ask now instead of pay later.

·
Registered
932 Posts
so are u talking like a Heater By-pass???? hjahaha
yes it is perfectly fine just link the 2 ends togather with a chunk of copper tube and 2 good clamps
just means on a real coool summer morrning u arnt gona be able to get warm

·
Premium Member
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool just what i needed to know. Thanks everyone. And I'm not really concerned right now since its like a high of 83 today and its feeling like summer weather already. Dont know what I'll do when winter comes but I'll worry about that later.

Thanks-Blake

·
Registered
566 Posts
I believe the heater core is set down upon the assembly line, and the car is built around it.

After you change it this fall, you will probably agree.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just did my heater core today(69 w/ A/C). I did the same thing you did, and the heater core started leaking. When i took it out I realized it was also clogged pretty good. Anyway, it took a few hours for me, but I got it done. For the A/C model at least, you don't have to drill out any studs like some have said.

I say best to get it done while it is nice out, cause you don't want to have to do it when it is cold and you need heat. :yes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts