Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Engine is waiting to be fitted but wondering can i route the heater hoses to the rear of the manifold. My edelbrock has 2 water outlets on the rear. Reason is just to make bay look cleaner rather than having the 2 long hoses run all the way to the front above the inner fender.

·
Registered
68 Posts
It should work just fine as long as it is plumbed correctly. The hose from the intake manifold should always be connected to the top of the heater core.
You may even find that your heater blows hotter connected in the back of the manifold than it did when connected up front.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It should work just fine as long as it is plumbed correctly. The hose from the intake manifold should always be connected to the top of the heater core.
You may even find that your heater blows hotter connected in the back of the manifold than it did when connected up front.
big block car so heater core is over to the right more.. was worried about cavitation or air locks in the engine ... was planning on running a cross over between back water outlets on the manifold to help but thought it may look neater running them against firewall and up..

·
Registered
878 Posts
Engine is waiting to be fitted but wondering can i route the heater hoses to the rear of the manifold. My edelbrock has 2 water outlets on the rear. Reason is just to make bay look cleaner rather than having the 2 long hoses run all the way to the front above the inner fender.
Plumbed my heater off of the rear of the manifold (also Edelbrock). Works perfectly and it cleans thing up.
If you want to clean things up a bit more you can use aluminum pushlocks on heater hoses on the engine side and the Gates PowerGrips on the heater core ends.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts