Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am finishing up my 283 install. I searched around and I can't find a clear answer to this question. I know the bigger heater hose goes from the water pump to the heater core, but where does the other one go when it comes out of the core? I've seen it a couple of different ways.

'64 Chevy II sedan
Small journal 283 (was 194 inline-6)
70s 350 heads
Edelbrock Performer EPS intake mani
Weiand action+ water pump

Some people online said these heads require the coolant to come in the back of the intake, but I don't think this intake has a coolant port in the back.

·
Registered
639 Posts
On my 63 I don't have the heater hoses connected yet, but would like to. I have the Performer RPM intake and have my temp gauge sending unit in the location that would be for a heater hose. However my water pump has a port on the top and a larger port on the side that are both blocked off right now. Can these two blocked off ports be used to run the hoses to the heater core? And if so wich one goes where?

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
On my 63 I don't have the heater hoses connected yet, but would like to. I have the Performer RPM intake and have my temp gauge sending unit in the location that would be for a heater hose. However my water pump has a port on the top and a larger port on the side that are both blocked off right now. Can these two blocked off ports be used to run the hoses to the heater core? And if so wich one goes where?
Do you not have a port on each side of the intake / each side of the thermostat hosing? If not - maybe move your thermostat into an "in-line" fitting... I do not know for certain - but i do not think you can use the top fitting on the water pump as a return line..... I am sure someone else will chime in...

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
The ports you are referring to should be pressurized, which would not allow for circulation through the heater core. I would move your temp sensor to the cylinder head and use the intake fitting for your heater hose.

Walt

1 - 7 of 7 Posts