Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the difference between the under the dash duct work of a 68-72 Nova with AC and one without AC. My parts car is an AC car and the car body I am putting the stuff in is a none AC car. I want to make sure it is all going to work. I think the kick panels are already going to be a problem unless I create a plug on the passenger side, but then I will not have any air vents coming in on the floor. If all this stuff isn't going to work should I look into trading if for stuff that will or would I be better off selling it and buying stuff that will work. All the origional duct work is in surprisingly good shape considering the condition of the car. Also will first gen Camaro stuff interchange with 3rd gen Nova stuff?

·
Registered
288 Posts
if I may piggy-back onto this thread, where does one acquire new duct tubing? i haven't seen it in any of the Nova restoration parts catalogs and don't recall ever seeing it in parts stores.

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
I've edited this post as I was wrong.
I just looked at my A/C car and there are differences and some similar items.
The "Y" duct off the top for the defroster is the same and that will be the only duct off the heater box for a non a/c car. The heater box is completely different. Also if you are putting in a console, there is a duct that is attached to the bottom of the heater box to direct the air away for the hump. I do have several of the duct pieces for a console.
I just got a 70 in that I'm going to strip but I think the duct work and heater box is gone but might be in the trunk or I might have some in the garage. PM me if you want me to check it out for you.
Dan
As far as new, I've not looked for any.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts