Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MY heater core went out:(
Can someone helpmeout by giving info to take this baby outand put a new one in. It would be really helpful

·
Premium Member
8,478 Posts
That link was working for me before, now it's not for some reason.
You can't link search results. The link is only good one time, for the user who initiated the search.

If it was an A/C car, I could give you the basic steps. I'm sure a non A/C car is different. I'm sure it is wrong, but I would start by removing the heater cover on the engine side of the firewall, then looking for the studs that come trhough the firewall to hold the heater core box to the interior side of the firewall. You might have to remove the control cables to get the box in a position to get the heater core out.

I have never dealt with a non A/C car, so I am just guessing. Hopefully if my guess is way off, somebody will gladly and quickly correct me!!:yes:

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
The heater core is mounted to the inside box of the heater. You need to remove the nuts on the outside box that hold the inside box in place. Remove the heater hoses and resister wiring on the inside. I don't think you need to remove the cables and you shouldn't need to remove the outer box.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts