Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I pulled the heater box to replace the heater core. Decided I am going to repaint the box which is going to be a chore. I thought I had replaced the heater core back in the 70's when it started leaking but after checking it out it actually says Harrison on the end caps but on the front it says Balboa Radiator. We have a Balboa which is a Beach town in California. So not sure if I did or not. I am replacing the gas tank with what I was told was a NOS tank. It looks like it was either GM made in Canada or it is a Canadian reproduction. But the seller swore it was a NOS. Also while looking under the car I saw two brackets at the rear where I am guessing the resonators were hung. When I bought the car in 74 the exhaust was gone and replaced with fenderwell headers and glasspacks ending at the back of the door turning straight down. So nothing beyond the rear door until I put quieter exhaust ending at the rear axle. So would this be where the resonators were hung? It has the two brackets on the left side but there is only the one farthest from the tire on the right side. Believe it or not that tire was put on the car maybe end of 74 or beginning of 75. It is a Goodyear Polyglass RWL G60-15 like came on the 70 Z28's and it looks like it was rarely driven let alone a few healthy burnouts. That's how little I drove the car till I parked it in 81. And not sure what that rubber hose is sticking out of the frame. Whatever it is it won't come all the way out when I pull on it.

Attachments

·
14,003 Posts
There were original gas tanks manufactured in Canada and there are also Canadian repros. Not sure what yours is, but the folks I know with Canadian repros are happy with the product.

Having a little trouble with the picture angle, but that could be a resonator bracket. The actual hanger attached to it. Could the rubber pipe be part of an air shock system?

Bob

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
The hose is the gas tank vent ....

That is not a resonator bracket may be an old aftermarket hanger?
post a better photo

That is a reproduction gas tank label.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts