Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I was gonna swap out my heater core on the wagon ,should be quick job about an hour right :confused:
yea right :no:
after I removed the heater box I found about a 1/8" of rust dust in the bottom , so I blasted and painted all the components for the heater and defrost
two days later I have a completely rebuilt heater , with all new seals
weatherstrip , vent hoses ,
it gets nice and toasty now :yes:
schwabie

·
Registered
527 Posts
I have a completely rebuilt heater , with all new seals weatherstrip , vent hoses
Got the 62 running, all warmed up, fixed all the leaks :yes:, then let her set and heat soak for a few minutes and the RH floorboard starts to weep:confused:, then trickle:bored:, then GUSH :eek:!

Heater core time for me too...

Ok, so what did you use for the seals? I'm doing the same thing and NEED TO KNOW!:yes:

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
I thought I was gonna swap out my heater core on the wagon ,should be quick job about an hour right :confused:
yea right :no:
after I removed the heater box I found about a 1/8" of rust dust in the bottom , so I blasted and painted all the components for the heater and defrost
two days later I have a completely rebuilt heater , with all new seals
weatherstrip , vent hoses ,
it gets nice and toasty now :yes:
schwabie
:clap::clap::clap::clap::wow::wow::wow::thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
4,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Could you take photo(s) of assembly .....???
already in the car ,I might be able to do another

Got the 62 running, all warmed up, fixed all the leaks :yes:, then let her set and heat soak for a few minutes and the RH floorboard starts to weep:confused:, then trickle:bored:, then GUSH :eek:!

Heater core time for me too...

Ok, so what did you use for the seals? I'm doing the same thing and NEED TO KNOW!:yes:
I had some 1/4 dense foam sheets , you can buy them at a crafts stores
I bought a roll of 1/8' to do my kick panel vent seals

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
the heater core, although available from restoration suppliers, is quite a bit higher in price than if you purchased it "over-the-counter" at your local reputable auto parts store...

they won't carry it in stock but should be same day/next day service...

i believe members have documented the heater box rebuild procedure in the past... try the search function...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts