Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I long ago converted my car (72 Nova) from AC/Heat to heater only with wrecking yard parts. I bought a re-seal kit for it from classic Industries.

Has anyone around here ever installed on of these? It would appear you have to drive the pivot pins (levers) out to get the doors out to re-seal them.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve

·
Registered
72 Frame off, bare metal resto-mod. 383, TH350, Eaton Posi, Complete new suspension, disk brakes
1,519 Posts
No you don't have to take the doors out, at least I didn't on mine. Getting the seals aligned so things closed and opened correctly was a bit of a trick, but just figure out the fit before adding glue and it's no problem.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Pete. I need to take another long look at it but it seems like the center door will be impossible to get to. I guess the door that keeps heat out of the car in the summer is the most important one anyway.

Steve

·
Registered
113 Posts
I'm doing my heater box from my 62 right now. Taking out the doors is not too hard. All you need is to spray the hinge with some Gibbs or equivalent and drive it out with a flat punch. Just make sure you support the housing well.

I was wondering what you guys thought about putting dynamat in it. I have some left over, An I imagine it wouldn't be too bad to put it inside. You think it'll smell it up?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts