Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been driving around in this heat and the Nova with its Be-Cool rad and Vintage air ii system is working its magic. I cruise around at 190 and stuck in real slow traffic it will creap up to 200. My sender unit is in the head and its always a hotter reading when the sender unit is in the head.
Darn happy about those readings.

My brother -in-law was in for holidays and I took him for a ride in 36 degree heat, windows up he was amazed it kept its cool even beating on it hard as heck.
Only issue is I am pinging a bit between 4,000 and 5,500 in 3rd and 4th gear. I would need to take some timing out, or fatten up a jet number or 2 to compensate for this opressive heat.
The under the hood additional heat is making it ping, and as soon as it cools to a reasonable 27 degree's it will not ping and be back to normal a/f ratio.
How is everyone else doing in the heat ???

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im doin ok but the cars still broke...waitin on a cam from lunati...best cruisin weather all year and im missin it!!!
I know how you feel, I misssed our local BBQ with my Nova because I was waiting for new rockers from T&D.

I had to drive my SLK55 AMG V8 7 speed Benz convertable to the Nova show, it was out of place but the girls seemed to like it, a LOT.

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
That's Hilarious Pat..I am laughing my*ss off ..too funny ! I guess if I owned a Mercedes it would be that much better !! Good one !
:clap::clap:

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am a member of the Benz forum, and that is where i picked that picture up, you would not belive the members, there are 1000 times the members worldwide, so the topic's are endless.
If you want to add power to a benz, there is aftermarket anything you can imagine. For mine kits to take it to 1,000 HP easy with enough ****$ they thow in the girl too, hahahaha.
I thought the girls licked, I mean liked my Nova, till I started driving the benz.
Glad you enjoyed it, a few guys will not recognize the benz hood ornament, too distracting to actually see what it is and they wish it were thier ornament instead.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts