Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

have had this annoying problem for some time and cannot manage it.
Car: 1966 Nova.
Had a rotten heat exchanger that was leaking on the passenger side floor out from the heater box. It was also impossible to seal the heat exchanger/hose connection because the connectors on the heater had some kinks in them and fluid would slowly drip between firewall and carpet (somebody know this problem???).
Now, I got a new heat exchanger from a vendor. I inspected especially the connections where the hoses are going to be pushed on, and they are perfectly round and have a nice crimp on them - looks like they should seal well... ...well, they do NOT!!! :mad:
Ran a few miles and had fluid leaking again in the same spot (i.e. from the exchanger/hose connection) and now my carpet is wet again!

:mad::mad::mad:

Does somebody have a valuable advise here?

Thanks in advance from overseas!

Boris

·
Premium Member
1,580 Posts
Did you replace your heater hoses or at least cut off the end that was previously attached to the heater core? How about new use clamps?

Also, what size hoses are you using... If my memory is correct, one side is 5/8" and the other is 3/4".

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

I didn't cut the hose ends since they looked good to me.
Yes, they are the right size.

Regards,

Boris

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
i just had this problem when hooking the heater back up since i removed the hoses for this same reason but know im forced to drive the nova daily so what i did was i used my 1/4 drive ratchet and tightened them real good and the leak stopped.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts