Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats the best their is... right now nothing but carpet.its a bbc and after a certain point we take the car home because you are baking in their.hot really hot.car runs at 180 -200 temp so not overheating or anything was thinking about vintage air to but then I hear problems with over heating doing that ...is dynamax any good ...its a 70 nova never came with a/c any help would be appreciated..thanks

·
Registered
563 Posts
There are a lot of heat reflective products out there. Ask 5 people and you will get 5 different answers. I used a RAMMMat product and went double layer on fire wall and the entire trans tunnel. Definite drop in heat transmission into the car

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've tried a couple things to help get the heat and noise down in my Jeep.

Noico sound deadener is great for the price, doesn't leave any obtrusive smells and seems to work well. https://www.amazon.com/Noico-deadening-Automotive-Insulation-dampening/dp/B00URUIKAK/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=noico&qid=1597070778&sr=8-5

I then put a layer of this over the top of it in the rear to help with heat. I think it worked pretty well too. Amazon.com: Noico RED 150 mil 36 sqft Сar Sound Insulation, Heat and Cool Liner, Self-Adhesive Closed Cell Deadening Material (PE Foam Sound Deadener): Automotive

In the front I tried a mass loaded vinyl with foam back over the sound deadener as the foam was thicker and a lot of heat comes through the trans tunnel area on the Jeep. I can't tell what one works better but both seem to work well.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just put the Noico Red mat over top of the kilmat. Red matt for heat, kilmat for sound. the kilmat wieghs much more than I expected but I don't really care. Both pretty easy to work with and I'm pretty happy with the results. All came from Amazon.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I'm planning on using the spray-in stuff. Second Skin or Lizard skin. The stuff by Second Skin is called Firewall I think. The insulation spray has ceramic micro-spheres I believe. Everything I've read about it is positive. I like the spray-in stuff for my project because everything is out of the car and it's on a rotisserie. If it was a finished car, I might go with the stick-on stuff. Second skin has those types of products too and they are made in the USA.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts