Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up wifes wagon from the shop and I am less than impressed with with the headpipes they ran off the Sanderson headers/collectors. I know this car is tight around the starter (I am running a mini) and oil filter, but can you guys running this setup put up some pictures or tell me what size pipe you, or your exhaust guy used? I am taking the car to a different shop on Monday and would love to have some references to share.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I'm running the same set up on a 64 I did not use the sanderson collectors. My exhaust guy made new 2 1/2"collector and ran 2 1/2 all the way back the steering just kisses the exhaust at full steer and I'm thinking of wrapping my starter with a heat blanket he tucked everything up high he did a real nice job Sorry no pictures but it can be done

·
Registered
491 Posts
Here are a few pictures of the exhaust on my 67 SS with the Sanderson headers. Running a turbo 400.
When the shop put it together they did not use the Sanderson copper flange gaskets so I have had to change the gasket. Wasn't fun but with stubby wrenches and ratchet it was not that bad.

http://s65.photobucket.com/albums/h224/cucollier/exhaust/

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
2 1/4" was the largest that my exhaust guy said would fit. I have a ministarter as well.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info and especially OB for the great pics. I have what I need to make sure this get's done right this time around.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I am running the Sandersons with 2.5" pipe and a four speed. I use a Power Master XS Torque gear drive starter and mine just touches at full steering. I used 2 layers of DEI wrap on both head pipes after COOKING a Hitachi starter on the first trip out. A very shallow dent or squeezing the pipe oval before welding up the pipes would have stopped the slight rub at full turn.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts