Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm putting a new headliner in my 64 H/T,,

I need to know where to get the roof insulation and the plastic trim that locks the headliner to the metal trim.. And do you just use trim adhesive to stick the insulation to the roof ??

J&W is back ordered.. Where else?? I need asap..

Thanks..

·
Registered
689 Posts
Try NNN

I don't know about the roof insulation but I got the plastic trim for my 65 from NNN. It fit very well. The headliner is just glued in with contact cement and the plastic slipped over it. I have not seen that roof insulation anywhere.

·
Premium Member
10,210 Posts
somebody posted on here before about a product you can get from Home Depot or Lowes that is both a good sound and heat insulator and I guess the price is really good compared to other products such as dynamat etc...of course its not an original type material but on your roof or under your carpets who but yourself would ever know:)

·
Registered
388 Posts
Reflectix from Home Depot or Lowe's - I put it in the roof of the 66 Chevelle SS that I'm restoring... Here's a pict...

The contact glue was very messy to use when I installed the headliner in the sons' 66 Nova. Many state to just use the 3M spray glue, less dripping and less mess...

·
Registered
145 Posts
55project said:
I'm putting a new headliner in my 64 H/T,,

I need to know where to get the roof insulation and the plastic trim that locks the headliner to the metal trim.. And do you just use trim adhesive to stick the insulation to the roof ??

J&W is back ordered.. Where else?? I need asap..

Thanks..
Classic Industries has all of it.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the input,, sorry i didn't get bach here sooner, my computer gave me some problems..

And i'm looking for the plastic that holds the headliner on right where it is glued, front and back, and down the sail panel sides. Not the window lace.

I'll try NNN for the plastics and Home Depot for the insulation..

And are these headliners hard to do yourself ?? I read the previous post on it and checked out the magazine clips.. Seems straight forward, start at the back go forward and then stretch the sides.. Glueing as you go.. Or should i send it to a local shop.. It's around $150.00-$200.00 to get installed with me supplying the headliner..

Thanks everyone..

·
Registered
788 Posts
DIY headliner

I have done 2 of the headliners and if you do not have a good amount of experience, I suggest you have it done. I takes a fair amount of time if you are not doing it all the time and is quite a chore.

If you want to do it yourself, make sure the inside and the headliner are nice and warm as in sitting in the sun to make it all pliable and pull out the wrinkles. Just go slow and let it sit to pull the wrinkles tight in the warmth.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just stop at a local shop that just did a buddys conv top.. He did a Nice job.. I am going to drop mine of next week,, if all goes well.. I also need a spring repaired in one of the front bucket seats.. So i can get it all do at once..
I better stick to the greasy work,, Motors, ect.. That's the easy stuff..LOL

Thanks again..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts