Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys is there anything cheap lightweight material that guys put on the roof of there car to deflect heat? Looking to discard of the cardboard flakey material and put something light. car doesn't have ac....cause race car but i like to see something there instead of just metal haha. I don't want to put something like dynamat or thermotec because of weight.

also anyone make like a black light cloth material headliner for a decent finish look thanks guys !:prost:

·
Registered
547 Posts
I have also used that reflectix type stuff and a product called Noico which is slightly more expensive but I greatly prefer.

Also - a good place to research are the folks converting Sprinter type vehicles. I have heard that many conversion type companies have stopped putting these types of products in due to condensation and rust. However, that's because they have furnaces and are used overnight. But one item that they do mention is that you don't have to cover the entire roof to reduce decibals and reflect heat. I mention this because you are interested in weight savings but it will take some research on your part.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts