Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am finally getting around to installing the headliner:D But, unfortunately a long time ago when I pulled the old one out, I never labeled the rods. So, I am trying to figure out where which one goes. One thing I noticed is that all of them have pink paint on one side. Does anyone know what that means? Does that mean that all of those sides are are suppose to be one one side? I think the first one and the forth one go at the front and second from the back. The second one goes in the back and the third one goes in the middle. There is the other one that attaches to the very middle where the light is. I have that one too and it is already in the headliner. Here is a pic of the rod ends

·
Premium Member
7,437 Posts
I beleive that all the painted ends were on the same side when I did mine in a '63......:yes: I think the second from the left is the last in the back....

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Ok I just looked at mine its out and I left the rods in. Drivers side is painted but the rear one is painted on both sides.

I took pics but I dont think they will help I will list from the rear to the front:

The rear has the biggest bow in it from side to side out of them all. Also there is a little bow on the ends that will bow out towards the front when in proper position.

The next one forward meassured 50 3/4" end to end.

Next is the thin wire one you said is in place.

Next one meassures 50 1/2" end to end.

Front meassures 50 1/4" end to end.

Even if your meassurements arent exactly the same it looks like there is a size differance so install them based on that.

Hope that helps. If you still have a question let me know and we can take pics or talk you through it over the phone. Oh yea mine is out of a 63

1 - 5 of 5 Posts